Author Topic: Resources  (Read 9607 times)

Kosmos

• Nanite
    • View Profile
Resources
« on: Sunday, 7 November 2010, 20:30:51 »
Does anyone know where to get the stuff which is not included in the basic set. Miniatures are not the problem we got a lot of old Confrontation stuff - but add-on rules, tiles etc.
i know about a topic on the UKCord forums but they don´t seem to unlock me there  :cry:

Anyone an idea ?

if someone likes to sell his copy of Nemesis i´d grab it too !
« Last Edit: Thursday, 1 January 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
make love like war

Valagante

• Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Resources
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 7 November 2010, 22:23:11 »
The only additional Hybrid stuff I'm aware of came with the Nemesis expansion. Odds are high that I'm missing some things that might've been released however, I'm no expert.

Also, there appears to be one piece of said expansion for sale on BoardGameGeek; http://http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&itemid=237539 - it is located in Belgium.
The one with the most toys at time of death wins!

fee_weasel

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, 8 November 2010, 03:59:42 »
There are lots of missions printed across several magazines. The old Rackham Cry Havocs, a French mag that I can't recall the name, the old Harbinger Magazine had a few as well and I think one or two that you could download. The Cry Havocs had extra rules and stat cards for some of the old metal models.

I thought I had a list of all of this stuff some place. Let me look around and see if I can find it.

Gurth

• Overseer
  • Sigma
    • View Profile
    • http://at-43.understairs.nl
« Reply #3 on: Monday, 8 November 2010, 11:03:40 »
Issue 10 of Cry Havoc has an article, Out in the Open, with rules to play on the Cadwallon RPG game tiles, plus two missions that use them. There are two more such missions in issue 11, and a three-mission campaign using the Nemesis components in issue 13.
… I know all this and more …

azoxystrobin

• Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, 8 November 2010, 11:13:38 »
There is a set of consolidated hybrid/nemesis rules out there somewhere too; not modifications of the rules per se, but just a legible rewrite of the full rules.
I have it on a hard drive somewhere.

Kosmos

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, 8 November 2010, 18:59:54 »
thanks for the massive and fast response ! I already knew about the most stuff mentoined, but the main problem is to get it in my greedy fingers  =) is there nothing lika a fanpage or a handy link where pdf version of some of this mentioned "expasions" are downloadable. paying wouldn´t be the problem but finding the right cry havoc for instance is nearly impossible =(
make love like war

azoxystrobin

• Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 16 November 2010, 00:53:36 »
I expect you all know about this page.
http://www.mag-ma.org/hybrid/
and the consolidated rules was on the old black background confrontation forums, someone posted it in like 10 seperate threads.
It's really good.
Here it is:
http://www.conf-federation.org.uk/forum ... ic=13279.0

yamaneko

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, 16 November 2010, 03:02:26 »
The rules you are looking for, and some other things, are on my site: Under the Mountain.  (The column on the right shows the contents  ;) )

azoxystrobin

• Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, 16 November 2010, 16:16:55 »
Hybrid christmas board ?
i am 12 and what is this i don't even ?

yamaneko

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, 16 November 2010, 23:18:45 »
Quote from: "azoxystrobin"
Hybrid christmas board ?
i am 12 and what is this i don't even ?

It was given away as an exclusive long ago.

Valagante

• Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, 16 November 2010, 23:37:31 »
Quote from: "yamaneko"
It was given away as an exclusive long ago.

That's propably the last thing one expects to bump into in a dungeon full of alchemical monstrosities.  :P
The one with the most toys at time of death wins!

azoxystrobin

• Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, 17 November 2010, 00:15:32 »
given away at some kind of venue i suppose? because I have never heard of it, despite having all the cry havoc magazines, and lots of hybrid/nemesis stuff.

So did you write the viral strain thingy of consolidated hybrid/nemesis rules, or are you just archiving ?

Come to think of it, I'll have to actually get round to playing hybrid/nemesis one day...
I tried once, it came across as unnecessarily complicated. I wasn't sure what "defence" stance was for (surely if someone is in defence, then you just attack someone else?)

Couldn't it be made into an Okko like game? now that's easy and fun.

yamaneko

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, 17 November 2010, 05:09:15 »
Quote from: "azoxystrobin"
given away at some kind of venue i suppose?

The mail, with orders placed around Christmas time many, many years ago.

I'm archiving.  And thanks for pointing that out; I need to get the author's name in there ASAP.

yamaneko

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, 17 November 2010, 05:13:11 »
Steve Rogers.
BGG LINK

He posted the final version on the rules on the old-old forums, however, and I had the foresight to download them before they were wiped.

Kosmos

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, 17 November 2010, 22:42:23 »
sweeet, this topic really turns out good - thanks for involving  :dragondie:

i just hit a link in BGG that directed me to the old confrontation forums - why the heck is it still online but the AT forums are gone for good ? :/
make love like war

supercollider

• Sigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, 18 November 2010, 09:45:15 »
Yamaneko, I am disappoint.

When you asked over on Dragon painting if someone on the Rackham forum could link to your forum , I got straight on it for you:
http://community.rackham-e.com/en/forum ... /hobbiests

As you'll see there, I said you guys seemed a decent bunch. That's despite my own sign up request there about a year ago going unanswered. You in particular always seem like a nice guy.

Now I find you joining in with some BS childish elitist banter. And with Nicolay, no less, another one of the normally nice ones!

Damian is not 12, and nor does him not knowing about some obscure detail of Hybrid indicate that he is. If you expect everyone to already know everything about the games you support, then there is no need for your (excellent) website, is there?

Come on man, Rackham's business ability is your enemy, not your fellow gamers and painters.

yamaneko

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, 20 November 2010, 00:33:18 »
Oh, boy.  I'll take these one at a time.

Quote from: "supercollider"
Yamaneko, I am disappoint.

Very sorry to read that.

When you asked over on Dragon painting if someone on the Rackham forum could link to your forum , I got straight on it for you:
http://community.rackham-e.com/en/forum ... /hobbiests

I assume you are referring to this statement: "They know where to find us, I'm certain of that. Most of them never made the transition here, because they're not really interested in the hobby side of things (i.e., they don't paint)."

I don't see anything offensive in my statement.  It's true, isn't it?  Most people here probably know about the DP forum, most people didn't join us because we are 1) from the old crowd and 2) focus more on painting (and 3) were very bitter against the OLD Rackham for killing the metal line).  We mainly discuss hobby related topics, but also talk about gaming a little, too.  Folks at this forum mainly discusses gaming related topics, but also talk about the hobby a little, too.  I made my comment not to discourage interaction between the two, but rather for the plain fact that our interests, while similar, are actually quite different.

As you'll see there, I said you guys seemed a decent bunch. That's despite my own sign up request there about a year ago going unanswered. You in particular always seem like a nice guy.

I'm just a moderator, not a forum manager.  Send a note to Taeg or atacam, and they'll straighten this out for you, I'm sure.

Now I find you joining in with some BS childish elitist banter. And with Nicolay, no less, another one of the normally nice ones!

I can only assume you are referring to this thread: LINK.

Let's take a look at my comments.

I doubt I'll spend much time there, but thought everyone here should know.

This is true.  But not because I'm a snob.  I don't game much at all.  I've played miniatures games less than ten times in my whole life.  Time and other things have been a major reason for this, because I'd love to play more.  But at the moment I have nothing to contribute to discussions that center on gaming, because I don't play enough to say anything valuable.

Quote from: "Nicolay"
Felt like some time-machine seeing that original light-blue layout :D Our newest member: yamaneko ... very funny.

He's not being rude writing this at all.  He's just saying, "Wow, it's just like Dragon Painting when we first started out."

Indeed. Although the crowd there has a lot of younguns mixed in. A twelve-year-old replied to my Hybrid post expressing shock about the Christmas Hybrid tile on my site.

Which is related to:

Damian is not 12, and nor does him not knowing about some obscure detail of Hybrid indicate that he is. If you expect everyone to already know everything about the games you support, then there is no need for your (excellent) website, is there?

How the hell am I supposed to know that Damian is not twelve?!  He said he was in his response to my post!  And where do I indicate that people should know all these obscure details?  People asked in that post about its origin, and I provided them with information.

azoxystrobin

• Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, 20 November 2010, 01:45:24 »
i lol'd
internetz=srs bsns

Gurth

• Overseer
  • Sigma
    • View Profile
    • http://at-43.understairs.nl
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, 20 November 2010, 10:32:22 »
How the hell am I supposed to know that Damian is not twelve?!
Click? :)
… I know all this and more …

roberious

• Nanite
    • View Profile
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/robere-7/images.html
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, 20 January 2011, 02:08:00 »
Hybrid was and is still one of my all time favorite games and I have every resource possible from when it was first released, most of it scanned. All the Cry Havoc missions and extra's. Cards and more, also a web pages dedicated to it : http://members.shaw.ca/ekuster/hybrid.html
So if you need anything maybe I can help.

Roberious