Author Topic: Alternative rules sets for AT-43  (Read 280 times)

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
Alternative rules sets for AT-43
« on: Friday, 12 January 2018, 19:22:57 »
The announcement this was finally happening (see this thread —Gurth) hyped me up quite a bit .. waiting is something ive become used to though.
I hope theres a big announcement soon, but in the meantime id like to play something new with an at-43 flavour. Are there any community made changes/projects that improve the base game? Someone stated there were some modded rules in french, how can one get access to and try those out? Is anything available in english?

I refuse to sell my armies but Id like some extra spice on my at-43 plz :p
« Last Edit: Tuesday, 16 January 2018, 10:47:16 by Gurth »

dulydude

• Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative rules sets for AT-43
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 13 January 2018, 02:11:37 »
I have been tempted to get the Round of Fire rules and see if that works with the AT-43 minis. Apparently the rules cover near future so I imagine that it could work
http://thelazyforger.com/games/round-of-fire/
Infinity WARCOR
--------------------------------
Woot I have a blog!!! http://dulydudesshenanigans.blogspot.com.au/

jilt

• Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, 15 January 2018, 15:36:58 »
I am never going to sell my armies... But it is hard to find players that have an army of their own.

I also switched rules. For a quick an casual experience I use Laser Rampant which is based on Dragon Rampat, which works ok.

Also I experimented with Song of Blades and Hero rules for AT-43 skirmish. It is super easy and fun.

For a long time I am working on a version of Space Marine Rules (the 6mm game) for At-43 with Cards and everything. This is my long time project and I did a lot of Cards already... I did not test it so far, but I think it has potential. :D

Gurth

• Overseer
  • Sigma
    • View Profile
    • http://at-43.understairs.nl
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 16 January 2018, 10:48:46 »
For me, the rules are what make AT-43, AT-43. They’re not perfect, but what set is?
… I know all this and more …

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 16 January 2018, 20:27:15 »
Some polish and balancing would be nice, and a growing player base .. its painful to watch 40k in its 8th edition now and its still igougo without any real focus of strategy to it (other than being a cheese master). The rules are abstract and makes no sense. AT-43 meanwhile seems cursed to live on through hyped announcements, deserving so much more and the potential to challenge 40k. The rule system base template is just so superior to 40ks modified 70s ruleset its amazing. But without support no one else outside this small community will know about it.