Author Topic: Cyanide studios selling the AT-43 assests???  (Read 217 times)

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
Re: Cyanide studios selling the AT-43 assests???
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, 12 October 2017, 12:52:08 »
CMON? They did try to sell Confrontation minis for a while...
FFG? Maybe not with Star Wars going on
TT combat? aka the good guy of wargaming at the moment, buying up IPs that are struggling

who else? The guys who bought the Spartan games IPs (bar Halo)?

Ah right, WarCradle bought the Spartan stuff. I don`t know anything about them.

I trust CMON with their Kickstarters. I pledged some of them an everything was from scheduling and communication was ok... they could push AT-43 in big way.
FFG maybe not as you said they got their expensive but strong StarWars lincense.

There is this french company that bought Confro wants to bring it back. They are called „sans detour“ but it is quiet for quite a long time now.

Firelock games looks good. Their blood and plunder line is cool.
Labmasu is maybe too small anyway... from my view it is just one very enthusiastic and nice guy from italy.

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, 12 October 2017, 18:31:09 »
I must say though its leaning towards rooting for one of the bigger companies, Labmasu is just leaving me confused with their current vision tbh.

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Monday, 16 October 2017, 10:36:46 »
AT-43 is still a niche within a niche, so my hope is:

A) a big player like CMON is taking the game to a big audience. All their Kickstartarters were successfull and they got a huge fanbase in more casual boardgamers which could boost AT-43, which was very boardgamy compared to 40K. Maybe they could launch huge kickstarters in a three/four year rotation...

B) a small but very committed company with a reasonable businessplan and much love for AT-43 is slowly but constantly putting out new stuff with filling the gaps that rackham left, also brings enough standard troops for newcomers...

The worst that could happen is a passionate semi-professional company that launches a quick kickstarter and fails and AT-43 will be buried again for several years...

Let`s face it, there are so many games around now. And 40K with its 8th edition is so strong that there isn`t a huge audience for „another“ SciFi game. The few that exist and put out new stuff constantly besides 40K is BtGoA and Infinity...

The chances for AT-43 are imo:
1. great fluff and unique artwork
2. boardgame-appeal with the prepainted miniatures and the easy to learn ruleset

If you leave both behind, AT-43 will be just another SciFi-Game...

I asked in my TT-Community and most people still like AT-43 and would welcome a reboot. Most of them said, that they liked the rules a lot and it was much fast to play a game compared to 40K back then. Also the walkers are still highly regarded.

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday, 16 October 2017, 21:06:09 »
40k doesnt deserve its position, the last time the rules made any sort of sense was in 2nd edition and then it got dumber and dumber .. the only thing it really has got going for it are the miniatures. Those are getting more and more cluttered and busy, frankly you can get too much detail. AT-43 has always been a cleaner more realistic looking creation, and there is no doubt about wich ruleset makes more sense. The new minis will have to be exceptional and the rules simple but elegant. The battle scenes with beautifully painted minis from the original books should be looked at closely and mimicked.

Remake operation damocles and make it right this time with a deep campaign and quality game components.

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday, 16 October 2017, 21:16:31 »
Also i think a new version would have to be optimized for both big and small table gaming.

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday, 16 October 2017, 21:26:23 »
40k doesnt deserve its position, the last time the rules made any sort of sense was in 2nd edition and then it got dumber and dumber .. the only thing it really has got going for it are the miniatures. Those are getting more and more cluttered and busy, frankly you can get too much detail. AT-43 has always been a cleaner more realistic looking creation, and there is no doubt about wich ruleset makes more sense. The new minis will have to be exceptional and the rules simple but elegant. The battle scenes with beautifully painted minis from the original books should be looked at closely and mimicked.

Remake operation damocles and make it right this time with a deep campaign and quality game components.

Yes! That would be the best. I just put out some AT-43-Miniatures on my desk... How cool and iconic are the wraith golgoth sculpts or the kolossus!? there is sooo much potential in this game.

I liked 40k (well epic) when I was a child, but as I grow older it became too comicy and "heroic" for me. AT-43 was the best antidote for that because the AT-43 is more serious and more ironic at the same time... maybe just more adult.

But GW is quite successful latley, can`t argue with that and as you said the plastic quality is unrivaled...

let`s see what will happen next.

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 23:25 »
Nothing new on this yet?

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Today at 14:08 »
Not yet... in the end of october was the plan to make a decision.
« Last Edit: Today at 19:05 by Gurth »