Author Topic: Ragnarok card decks - Are they in different languages?  (Read 111 times)

Joken

• Alpha
    • View Profile
Ragnarok card decks - Are they in different languages?
« on: Sunday, 9 July 2017, 10:07:46 »
Hi,

As the title suggests I was wondering if it's worth buying the faction decks in French, which I can't read?

If they contain only unit cards then the simplified Ragnarok cards are no problem, however, if they contain prayers and spells then I'll hold out for the English ones.

Would welcome some guidance before I buy.

Joken
No easy dice roll too difficult

11.5k UNA, 9k Therian, 7k Karman & 6k of ONI

ByteMe

• Omicron
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok card decks - Are they in different languages?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 10 July 2017, 19:14:53 »
I'm not quite clear on what you're referencing here. If you mean the faction decks that were released for CAoR (aka Confrontation 4), those just contain cards for the (older) metal versions of the models used by those factions. These packs were meant for players that already had some metal models from previous versions of the game and wanted to use those models for CAoR. Rackham also released packs of round bases to re-base the metals for use in CAoR. Cards from these faction packs can, in a pinch, substitute for missing cards for some plastic units in CAoR (if you obtained a unit of the pre-painted plastic models without a card, far too common unfortunately). The only real text on them is the unit names, which usually - but not always - is the same among different languages. There are no prayer or spell cards in these particular packs.

If you're talking about the older card packs made for Confrontation 2 and 3, that's a whole other story. Those had some cards with extensive text on them (e.g. prayers and spells, among other things) and you'd definitely want to get English versions if that is your native language.

Joken

• Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok card decks - Are they in different languages?
« Reply #2 on: Monday, 10 July 2017, 22:00:51 »
ByteMe,

That's exactly what I needed to know.  Thanks

Short version - I'll get them in French for my metal figures as LudikBazar is essentially giving them away.

As you say Conf 2 & 3 cards are a different matter

Joken
No easy dice roll too difficult

11.5k UNA, 9k Therian, 7k Karman & 6k of ONI