Author Topic: All there is, except... ?  (Read 177 times)

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
All there is, except... ?
« on: Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 16:24:08 »
I got my complete collection of Confrontation AoR and finally unpacked it.
Everything that was produced was in there - I guess - not Nefarius Prime...

Let`s have a look

Ram:

Lion: I did not include the paladins, swordmen and archers

Griffin: (I missed the wizard with the fire but it is here :) )

Scorpion:

Wolf:
« Last Edit: Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 16:43:35 by jilt »

ByteMe

• Delta
    • View Profile
Re: All there is, except... ?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 18:02:39 »
Caveat: I'm not an expert on CAoR.

I can't comment on the Rams or the Lions as I have none of those. However, for the Griffin I believe you may be missing the Cannon and Crewmen (a figure of the canon and three crewman figures). I didn't see that in the picture for Griffin, unless it's those guys way in the back covered up by the Redemption Riders. The Scorpions and the Wolf look reasonably complete - it's hard to tell they way everything is jumbled together but at first glance they look like they're all there..

It's pretty cool that you got it all as one big batch, particularly the Ram. Those are hard to get. I assume everything came with cards? From a collection standpoint that's always been a sticking point for me. I'll find a model I'm looking for, but no card... Argh! I've never been able to understand why it's so hard to keep the figures and their respective cards together. Really - is this a challenge for people? < Sorry about the rant, but again it's been a sticking point for me.

chuikov

• Delta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 18:37:44 »
Congratulations!  Nice haul.  I have to admit that I've not played CAOR but I have found use for my figures in playing Dragon Rampant, a nice set of fantasy rules published by Osprey.
"If the Revolutionary Spirt was to have a son, he would be an RPG Kollossus"Vladimir

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 22:41:26 »
Caveat: I'm not an expert on CAoR.

I can't comment on the Rams or the Lions as I have none of those. However, for the Griffin I believe you may be missing the Cannon and Crewmen (a figure of the canon and three crewman figures). I didn't see that in the picture for Griffin, unless it's those guys way in the back covered up by the Redemption Riders. The Scorpions and the Wolf look reasonably complete - it's hard to tell they way everything is jumbled together but at first glance they look like they're all there..

It's pretty cool that you got it all as one big batch, particularly the Ram. Those are hard to get. I assume everything came with cards? From a collection standpoint that's always been a sticking point for me. I'll find a model I'm looking for, but no card... Argh! I've never been able to understand why it's so hard to keep the figures and their respective cards together. Really - is this a challenge for people? < Sorry about the rant, but again it's been a sticking point for me.

Yes! I got four cannons. :)

Do you need cards? I got most of them tripple or even more.

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 22:42:41 »
Congratulations!  Nice haul.  I have to admit that I've not played CAOR but I have found use for my figures in playing Dragon Rampant, a nice set of fantasy rules published by Osprey.

I got dragon rampant on my desk!
Never played it so far. Is it fun?
It looks like a quick fun game.

ByteMe

• Delta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 23:01:02 »
I'm missing some cards for my Wolf guys. I got them as a batch from a friend for free, but he had only a handful of the cards. Yes, I know there are user-made cards available from The Esoteric Order of Gamers but they're just not the same, you know?

I'll try to compile a list of what I need and get back to you via PM. I don't have much CAoR to trade, but I do have piles of spare AT-43 cards if you collect that as well. Otherwise I'd be happy to buy some from you - I don't know what the going rate is but I'm sure we can reach some agreement.

chuikov

• Delta
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, 16 February 2017, 01:40:16 »

I got dragon rampant on my desk!
Never played it so far. Is it fun?
It looks like a quick fun game.

It's my favorite of the 4 Osprey titles I own.  There's a Dragon Rampant facebook group where you can get much good information about the game. 
"If the Revolutionary Spirt was to have a son, he would be an RPG Kollossus"Vladimir

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 16 February 2017, 08:21:21 »
Thank you! I will check it out soon... I had much fun with Songs of Blades and Heros to play smaller Games.
But for more units Dragon Rampant seems much better. I like the fact, that you can play it so easily. Most of my friends are more into boardgames and there isn`t enough time to play hardcore tabletops anymore. But these kind of games are quick to learn...
I am not even sure of tons of special rules really add deepness to a strategic games...
« Last Edit: Thursday, 16 February 2017, 10:39:05 by Gurth »

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, 17 February 2017, 08:01:24 »
I'm missing some cards for my Wolf guys. I got them as a batch from a friend for free, but he had only a handful of the cards. Yes, I know there are user-made cards available from The Esoteric Order of Gamers but they're just not the same, you know?

I'll try to compile a list of what I need and get back to you via PM. I don't have much CAoR to trade, but I do have piles of spare AT-43 cards if you collect that as well. Otherwise I'd be happy to buy some from you - I don't know what the going rate is but I'm sure we can reach some agreement.

I read your message but when I reply it doesn`t work... I can give you those cards. I got the card sets 3 times because they were super cheap in france, plus the cards from the box.
You can reach me at pascal at jilt dot de