Author Topic: Confrontation relaunch 2017  (Read 179 times)

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
Confrontation relaunch 2017
« on: Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 06:43:42 »
They put out the first wallpaper. It is real.
http://www.sans-detour.com/exchange/wallpaper-confresurrection-01.jpg
I guess it will be something like a kickstarter..

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
Re: Confrontation relaunch 2017
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 08:21:09 »
Oh that is the wrong wallpaper... on the latest one it says 2017 and it just came out these days.

There isn`t much info at the moment, but the setting will be after Ragnarok and they will stick to the original background. :D
« Last Edit: Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 09:05:01 by jilt »

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 9 February 2017, 20:45:56 »

ByteMe

• Delta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 9 February 2017, 23:40:31 »
There is a very interesting note at the bottom of that press release. It says the various trademarks such as "ConfrontationTM" belong to "Stellar Licensing & Consulting Limited." If this press release is real and legitimate, it would seem that Cyanide Studios sold off (or traded or whatever) the IP for Confrontation. Probably good news as this new bunch seems to be looking at bringing it back as a miniatures-based tabletop game of some sort.

However, my fevered mind wants to know: what became of the AT-43 IP? It used to be "bundled" with the Confrontation IP for arcane reasons I can't begin to fathom. Does Cyanide Studios still hold that, or did this new company (or some other company) get hold of that?

ByteMe

• Delta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, 10 February 2017, 00:18:04 »
More and more interesting. I've been perusing the Sans-D├ętour website. French only, but I've got a modicum of ability to read French (and Google translate helps!). The gist of it seems to be that they are a boutique publisher of role playing games (mostly) that caters specifically to a French audience. Their biggest IP seems to be Cthulhu but they've got a couple of other lesser known "brands" in their stable. I've not seen anything directly related to miniatures on their site yet (they don't seem to have much or any experience in that field) but maybe they're looking to branch out? Their focus on the French-speaking market is worrisome - they may not be interested in the wider global market. At least not yet. Intriguing...

They definitely seem to have that Rackham flair. Looking at their website and catalogues reminds me powerfully of Cry Havoc! in it's heyday. It's pretty exciting!

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, 10 February 2017, 08:52:58 »
I`ll keep you updated too... :) I am fluent in French.

I am also not sure about the legal aspect of that all. Who has the license for what?
cadwallon has the molds I guess but not the license.

The announcement created a lot of Attention... let`s hope for the best!