Author Topic: List of all produced Miniatures  (Read 275 times)

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
List of all produced Miniatures
« on: Thursday, 2 February 2017, 15:26:01 »
Hi everybody

Is there somewhere a site, where all the products of Confrontation Age of Ragnarok are listed?
I am trying to get all miniatures from the game but with some I am not exaktly sure, if the were ever produced or just were protptypes... :)

Gurth

• Overseer
  • Sigma
    • View Profile
    • http://at-43.understairs.nl
Re: List of all produced Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 2 February 2017, 19:12:48 »
I don’t know for sure (I own exactly one thing from Confrontation: AoR, and that’s the starter set) but I have this feeling you may have to compile a list like that yourself.
… I know all this and more …

ByteMe

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 2 February 2017, 20:30:15 »
A lot of the places that might once have listed this information have long since gone off-line (thank goodness for the WayBack Machine!). I've compiled some of this information from various sources for a few of the armies that were released for Confrontation: AoR. I have (what I believe to be) complete information for Wolfen, Scorpion, and Griffin. I've not collected any Lions yet (although my understanding is that almost all the Lion units/figures listed in their army book were released). Acheron are the hardest Rackham product to find by far - worse than the rarest AT-43 figures. When an Acheron Army Box comes up on eBay the bidding goes positively stupid. Only the Acheron Army Box, one or two units, and one or two Incarnates were released (and only then right before the end, hence their rarity).

ByteMe

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 2 February 2017, 20:31:53 »
Wolfen Released Units/Incarnates

Type I Infantry
WFRE01 Hunters Unit Box
WFRE02 Fangs Unit Box
WFRE03 Fangs Attachment Box
WFRE04 Vestals Unit Box
WFRE05 Vestals Attachment Box

Type II Infantry
WFEL01 Trackers Unit Box
WFEL02 Great Fangs Unit Box
WFEL03 Great Fangs Attachment Box
WFEL04 Sacred Vestals Unit Box
WFEL05 Sacred Vestals Attachment Box
WFEL07 Shadow Trackers Unit Box
WFEL08 Sylvan Animae Unit Box (technically a Type II Creature)

Type III Infantry
WFLV01 Bloodthirsty Predators Unit Box

Wolfen Army Box
Fangs (4 per box)
Sylvan Animae (6 per box)
Shadow Tracker - regular fighter (3 per box)
Bloodthirsty Predator - regular fighter (3 per box)
Incarnate - Onyx
Incarnate - Y'Anrylh

Throne of Stars Hero Box
Incarnate - Onyx
Incarnate - Y'Anrylh

The Wolfen half of the Confrontation - The Age of Rag'narok Starter set contained 4 Hunters and 1 Incarnate - Serethis.

Wolfen Unreleased Units/Incarnates

Worgs (would have been WFEL06, note the gap in the numbering sequence)
Incarnates - Isakar, Orhain, Syriak, Deliox, Asgarh, Karnyrax (would likely have been released in two or three more Hero boxes)

* Special note: the figures in the Wolfen Army Box are all available in other packaging individually (Fangs Unit Box for instance). The paint quality of the figures in the Army Box is almost universally reviled - you are generally MUCH better off finding the units and Incarnates individually rather than buying the Army Box.
« Last Edit: Thursday, 2 February 2017, 21:13:19 by ByteMe »

ByteMe

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 2 February 2017, 20:41:30 »
Scorpion Released Units/Incarnates

Type I Infantry
SCRE01 Clones Unit Box
SCRE02 Phemera Alpha Unit Box (technically a Type I Creature)
SCRE03 Phemera Omega Unit Box (technically a Type I Creature)
SCRE04 Crossbowmen Unit Box

Type II Infantry
SCEL01 Sentinels Unit Box
SCEL02 Hybrids Alpha Unit Box
SCEL03 Hybrids Alpha Attachment Box
SCEL04 Nemesis Evolution Unit Box (technically a Type II Creature)
SCEL05 Dasyatis Evolution Unit Box (technically a Type II Creature)
SCEL06 Syhar Sighthounds Unit Box (technically a Type II Creature)

Type III Infantry
SCLV01 Skorizes Unit Box
SCLV02 Dasyatis Prime Unit Box (technically a Type III Creature)
SCLV03 Abberation Prime Unit Box (technically a Type III Creature)

SCCH01 Keris Hero Box
Incarnate - Kheris

SCCH02 Shamir Hero Box
Incarnate - Claudia Nessalith
Incarnate - Sikho Volesterus

Scorpion Unreleased Units/Incarnates

Nefarius Prime, Skorpio, Cloning Tank
Incarnates - Athan Zakhil / Athan Zakhil Prime, Ysis, Sasia Samaris / Desert Rose, Sin Assyris, Salias Yesod, Kayl Kartan (would likely have been released in several more Hero boxes)
« Last Edit: Thursday, 2 February 2017, 21:14:19 by ByteMe »

ByteMe

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 2 February 2017, 20:53:17 »
Griffin Released Units/Incarnates

Type I Infantry
GRRE03 Spearmen Unit Box
GRRE04 Spearmen Attachment Box
GRRE05 Fusiliers Unit Box

Type II Infantry
GREL01 Templars Unit Box
GREL02 Templars Attachment Box
GREL03 Redemption Rider Unit Box (technically Type II Heavy Cavalry)
GREL04 Redemption Riders Attachment Box (technically Type II Heavy Cavalry)
GREL05 Demon Hunters Unit Box

Type III Infantry
GRLV01 Praetorian Guards Unit Box
GRLV02 Praetorian Guards Attachment Box
GRLV03 Executioners Unit Box

GRFR01 Cannon Unit Box (War Machine)

GRCH02 Temple of the North Hero Box
Incarnate - Thurbard (on foot)
Incarnate - Thurbard (mounted)
Incarnate - Severian

GRCH04 Temple of the West Hero Box
Incarnate - Tarkhyn
Incarnate - Melkion

The Griffin half of the Confrontation - The Age of Rag'narok Starter set contained 8 Spearmen and 1 Incarnate - Abel.

THCH05 Abel Special Edition
Incarnate - Abel (very slightly better painted than the Starter set version, but otherwise physically identical)

Griffin Unreleased Units/Incarnates

Griffin
Incarnates - Sered, Kyrus, Arkhos, Mira (based on the missing numbers in the sequence, would likely have been released in two more Hero boxes GRCH01 and GRCH03)

I have no idea what happened to GRRE01 and GRRE02; there are no units in the Army Book that would correspond to those "missing" slots. A numbering error on Rackham's part? I've noted errors like this on the AT-43 side as well.

ByteMe

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, 2 February 2017, 21:07:02 »
Notes:

Rackham used a very organized numbering pattern to identify their products. In the lists above you can see that all the Wolfen products start with a WF, Griffin start with a GR, etc. Next comes the Type of the unit - RE for Type I (RE = regular?), EL for Type II (EL = elite?), LV for Type III (LV = ?), and CH for Hero (CH = character hero?). Last comes a number, usually (but not always) in the sequence released. These numbers are always two digits and generally the first is 0 because they just didn't release enough units within one Type category to reach 10. Using this pattern it's usually easy to spot "missing" (unreleased) units and where they would have gone in the sequence. This pattern is very similar to the one used for AT-43. However, Rackham did occasionally deviate from this pattern for reasons unknown - I've concluded that these deviations were likely just errors or perhaps production problems prevented certain units from being released.

Almost all of the units that went unreleased in Confrontation: AoR were released in their prior metal versions for the prior versions of Confrontation. Using the Wolfen as an example, the one unreleased Wolfen unit (Worgs) and the unreleased Incarnates are all available (if you can find them!) in metal versions. You'd just have to assemble them on round bases and paint them, as well as create an appropriate card for them.

ByteMe

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 2 February 2017, 21:10:10 »
Final thoughts: I believe the above lists are pretty close to 100% accurate for those particular armies. I have considered throwing together a list like this for the Lions of Alahan. I haven't done it yet simply because I don't have any (and likely won't be collecting them at this point - they're too similar in my opinion to the Griffins and I already have a complete set of those). The almost complete unavailability of Acheron is a wrench - they were great looking models but not worth what they tend to fetch these days.

If anybody has any corrections or additions to make to the lists above let me know; I'd be happy to update as necessary.

Psyronin

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, 3 February 2017, 03:37:50 »
See thread here: http://at-43.understairs.nl/forum/index.php?topic=397.0

Nefarius Prime was produced but not released.

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Friday, 3 February 2017, 08:55:06 »
Thank you a lot! That is so helpful!!!

I saw pics of the temple griffin and some others, but I wasn`t sure about if it was just a protoype.
Nefarius I have never seen anywhere...

I noticed that the paint quality within confrontation is much different than AT-43. The Heros from Confrontation are super good, the wulfen from the army box are nearly useless without further painting dipping.
Lion, Griffin and Scorpion are so good out of the box for pretty everything. My Ram collection is very small but they also look pretty good..

As I told in a different topic. I could buy all produced confrontation miniatures in france. I could not unpack them yet and so I don`t know what it is in it. I will post some pics for you.

Psyronin

• Omicron
    • View Profile

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, 4 February 2017, 17:33:12 »
So good! Thank you a lot.
They are not even expensive.
« Last Edit: Saturday, 4 February 2017, 19:12:41 by Gurth »

ByteMe

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, 5 February 2017, 08:20:27 »
Thanks Psyronin. I knew that thread was around here somewhere but was too lazy to look it up. Cutting and pasting my own lists was faster.  :)

Confrontation has one advantage over AT-43 insofar as finding materiel to fill slots: Since all the plastic models were preceeded by metal ones (as far as I know) it should be possible, the the case of "unreleased" units, to find the metals and just use those for the units. You'd obviously have to assemble them (on round bases) and paint them, as well as find cards for them. Rackham thoughtfully provided both the bases and packs of cards at one point; worth looking into if you're serious about Confrontation: AoR.

Gurth

• Overseer
  • Sigma
    • View Profile
    • http://at-43.understairs.nl
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, 5 February 2017, 10:22:26 »
Metal Confrontation figures can still be found fairly easily, I think, and recasts of a lot of them are also available,¹ while round bases can be had from various suppliers — all you need in that respect is the size the original model came with.

¹ I don’t think it’s overly unethical to buy unlicensed recasts of figures of which the original manufacturer has gone under and which nobody seems willing to put back into “real” production.
… I know all this and more …

Psyronin

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, 5 February 2017, 18:15:18 »
Since you need to make the cards anyway, the picture on the card can be anything which means you don't need a similar figure to proxy. For example, I'm making Lion Valkyries by replacing the sword on Guards with the spears from Griffin Spearmen. Slice off hands at the wrist, reglue, a bit of repaint, done! Similarly, I'm making Lion Reapers by swapping the right arms of Guards and Griffin Demon Hunters.
I'll post some pics when it's all done.

chuikov

• Delta
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday, 6 February 2017, 06:27:54 »
Psyronin, I look forward to seeing your pics.
"If the Revolutionary Spirt was to have a son, he would be an RPG Kollossus"Vladimir

jilt

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday, 6 February 2017, 07:05:08 »
Me too!