Author Topic: Battle Builder  (Read 1567 times)

fee_weasel

• Nanite
    • View Profile
Battle Builder
« on: Sunday, 14 December 2014, 02:05:45 »
Has anyone used the Dust Warfare Battle Builder to play AT-43? I played a little Dust Warfare and I really liked the concept and I'm thinking about incorporating into AT-43.

---
From the Warfare rules:
Designed for competitive play, the Battle Builder is used to create a scenario with a focus on balance and symmetry. Each player will have an opportunity to influence the game’s three variables: Objective, Deployment, and Conditions. While the Battle Builder is designed for competitive play, it can also be used to create a large variety of scenarios for quick games.
---

Each player can spend 2 points to influence the three variables and there are 4 levels to each variable. So it's possible to move the deployment variable to suite your army needs or switch the objective/game type from a kill them all to a break the line or something entirely different.

I pulled out my AT-43 stuff for the first game in a long, long time and thought it might be fun to switch it up a bit after a few games/missions.

Thoughts?

ByteMe

• Delta
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Builder
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 15 December 2014, 18:51:33 »
I had the Dust Warfare book and remember looking into the battlebuilder rules. I thought it was a pretty cool concept for setting up scenarios but it never occurred to me to adapt it to AT-43. From what I remember, it should work reasonably well for AT-43 with appropriate adaptation. Have a go and let us know what you come up with!