Author Topic: AT-43 revival?  (Read 11745 times)

ByteMe

• Omicron
    • View Profile
Re: AT-43 revival?
« Reply #50 on: Friday, 15 May 2015, 17:53:17 »
It looks like the Dust Studios/Battlefront partnership has imploded spectacularly. Dust Studios recently cut ties formally with Battlefront. I don't know what that means for their Kickstarter, but it's bad news all around. On the other hand, with no distributorship in place Dust Studios can't possibly produce product at anything more than a snail's pace (and for a niche market at that). Methinks that Paolo may indeed wind up with a fair amount of time on his hands... Good for us perhaps? I can't imagine that Cyanide Studio cares one jot about the AT-43 IP. Surely, if the right organization comes forward with sufficient cash in hand for licensing or outright purchase they'd let go of that IP without resistance.

The sad thing is that I don't think Kickstarter will be useful to help any such venture. I used to be very excited about the possibilities of Kickstarter (I've posted often enough about it) but this recent string of horrific failures of various Kickstarter projects (both gaming related and not) has me thinking that the window of opportunity to use Kickstarter to reboot AT-43 is fast closing, if it hasn't closed already.

Gurth

• Overseer
  • Sigma
    • View Profile
    • http://at-43.understairs.nl
« Reply #51 on: Friday, 15 May 2015, 19:08:51 »
Even then you have to wonder if Paolo Parente, if he doesn’t have Dust to worry about anymore, would even want to bother with AT-43 again — I'd suspect a more likely scenario would be moving on to something else entirely.
… I know all this and more …

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday, 15 May 2015, 19:18:10 »
well im sure AC studio can answer all that since they are in contact with the man ;)

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday, 19 June 2015, 10:06:02 »
Seems Paolo is now receiving quite a bit of flack for acting like a child during the KS debacle, not so sure his name on a new AT-43 would help the relaunch ... just saying as this is looking bleak, unless of course ALC studio would care to update us on their plan?

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 13:55:22 »
Id like to mail ALC and just ask for an update.. if its a go, just slow or a no :P

billyfish

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 15:22:23 »
I actually spoke to them yesterday and it is not happening from their end.

Gurth

• Overseer
  • Sigma
    • View Profile
    • http://at-43.understairs.nl
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 19:05:30 »
I suppose that doesn’t surprise anyone here anymore.
… I know all this and more …

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 21:33:30 »
And it probably never was .. "working closely with Paolo" was one huge red flag tbh. So if cyanide could get their heads out and figure out what to do with this gem not on display ?

supercollider

• Sigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 21:55:45 »
To be fair to Cyanide, they did license the Legends line to Cmon. Obviously someone in that chain was making a killing, and that may have been Cyanide. But it shows they are willing, as long as you put a credible plan in front of them. I wonder if the only people Cyanide would consider credible for an AT43 revival, would be Paolo or Jean Bey, or Guillotine Games. There's a possibility, given they know from personal experience how fragile the Rackham properties are, they would be extremely picky about who they worked with.

billyfish

• Nanite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 23:48:06 »
Who is the person to speak to at Cyanide?

supercollider

• Sigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 10:55:29 »
No idea. Either just try calling Cyanide, or you could try talking to Cmon/Legends for a contact?

hatamoto

• Omicron
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, 17 October 2015, 12:41:13 »
It will be interesting to see what form the next "announcement" will take :) woudnt Cmon be interested in a sci-fi line to complement their WoK? Sometimes im wondering if it hadnt been a better scenario if they actually went ahead with re-releasing Confrontation and then also grabbed the AT-43 IP for a full rackham revival.

Just something ive been wondering about under the influence of a major cold :P